Announcement:AMJLS Annual Conference of Fall 2021
Date: October 23 (Saturday) and October 24 (Sunday), 2021
Venue: Online (Zoom)
- Please click [HERE] for the abstracts of the presentations.
- The presentations will be conducted in Japanese.
- The timetable is shown in Japan Standard Time (JST).
[DAY ONE: October 23] 9:50-17:30
[Opening Address] 9:50-9:55
The First Akutagawa Prize and the Formation of Osamu Dazai as a Professional Writer: How the Protest to Yasunari Kawabata Functioned as a Self-Promotion
Representation of ‘Madness’ and Reading Activity in Picture book F.O.U by Haruo Sato and the Artworks by Yasunori Taninaka
The Profile of Akira Tsuzuki in Naoko by Tatsuo Hori: From the Viewpoint of Origuchi Studies
The ‘Future’ in Inter Ice Age 4 by Kobo Abe: From the Representation of Tokyo Bay
Hashi no Nai Kawa by Sue Sumii and the Poetry Works by Atsuko Shimohara: The Buraku Liberation in the 60s and Gender
Osamu TAKAHASHI, Yuichi KIDO, Kenji SOEDA, Eri WATANABE, Noritsugu GOMIBUCHI
Melodrama as Method: Sentiments, Translation and Cultural Politics
[Remarks from the Board Member]17:30-17:35
[DAY TWO: October 24] 9:50-17:40
What the Shiver of a Child Suggests: Study on Akaushi by Yoshikichi Furui
Listening to the Endless Echoing Sounds of the Apocalypse: Study on The Flood Invades My Spirit by Kenzaburo Oe
The ‘Illusionary’ Rebellion: Interpretations on A Wild Sheep Chase and The Pinch Runner Memorandum
The Study on How Kokoro by Soseki Natsume was Interpreted in China during the 80s: From the Viewpoint of I-Novel Interpretation
The 1960s Literature in the Crowd
The Words and the bodies Released into Urban Space: The Small Theater Movement in the 60s and the Literature Movements
The Idea of Docurama by Shuji Terayama: From the TV Documentary Program to Theatrical Activities in Street
The Folk Movements in Kansai and the Poets
- This year, the individual presentations will be conducted in the morning and the afternoon of Day One, also in the morning of Day Two. The special session will be conducted in the afternoon of Day Two.
- Information of the participation for the regular and annual conference will be announced [HERE]. Please note that for security purposes, the passcodes are not shown here.
- We keep updated our information on our official website.